Go on an expedition and find yourself!
Develop self reliance by planning,
training and completing a journey of discovery.
The of opportunity to engage in adventurous activities is a new environment provides participants with the chance to learn more about their wider environment, as well as develop their self-confidence, teamwork and health. The aim is to encourage a spirit of adventure and discovery whilst undertaking a journey in a group.
Examples of Adventurous Journey
(Explorations and Expeditions)
- Exploring the natural world: glaciation, erosion,
geology, coastal studies
- Exploring river valleys, plant studies
- Exploring human impact: visitor pressure in
national parks, pollution
- Carrying out health surveys or
health education in remote areas
- Completing a demanding journey by foot,
cycle, canoe or kayak
- Kayaking the entire navigable stretch of a river
- An extensive sail across an ocean
- Climbing the Alpine, Himalayan or other mountainous peaks
- Cycling from one end of a country to another
- Visiting historic places
“When the mind is stretched by new experiences it can never return to its former dimension”
Dr. Kurt Hahn